Discount Realtor & Discount Real Estate Broker - New Hope Realty, Inc.

We provide full service real estate brokerage services to clients in Los Angeles and surrounding Southern California cities. We offer large commission rebates and commission credits to home buyers and substantial commission savings to sellers.

Many buyers and sellers of real estate today are very well educated and may know as much or more about the housing market than a lot of real estate agents. Many have been involved in prior real estate transactions because of job transfers or through investment properties. And because of the proliferation of free real estate information on the Internet, including sales history, listings, school ratings, demographics and even walk-ability scores, many buyers and sellers do much of their own research and are very well informed. These buyers and sellers often feel that the real estate agent does not require an exorbitant commission to facilitate a transaction. Our niche is servicing this clientele.

According to Carl Weisman, author of the excellent ebook, The Intelligent Home Seller, a California Association of Realtor study in 2002 indicated that the average real estate agent spends 20 hours selling a home. If a 5% commission is split between the buyer's broker and seller's broker, and if it takes 30 hours instead of 20, then each agent would be generating revenue of $625 per hour on a $750,000 home (see COMMISSIONS tab above). Buyers and sellers often revolt when they see how much money the brokerage firms and real estate agents are getting in a transaction. We are an independent broker and try to price our services in a way we think is fair and reasonable.

http://www.tomhallen.comIf we represent you when you buy a home, you will receive a rebate of up to 50% of our commission, subject to your lender's approval. A typical commission for a buyer's broker is about 2.5%, so a 50% rebate, equal to 1.25% of the purchase price, can save you a decent amount of money.

http://www.tomhallen.comIf you choose us to list your property we charge you a one percent listing commission, yes, only 1%. You will also have to pay approximately 2.5% to the buyer's agent. That's a total of only 3.5%! A typical broker may charge you 5% or more to list your property, so our 3.5% commission could save you lots of money. If you need less than 3.5% to make a flip work, ask us.

http://www.tomhallen.comIf you want a Flat Fee Broker or if you are a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) seller we can provide à la carte services. As a Flat Fee Broker we could list your property on the MLS and could assist you with all the services you need before you close escrow, such as filling out the disclosures and other forms, and providing a lock box and yard signs. Let us know your budget, and we will try to work with you!

Our commission rebate is available if you buy a home listed on the MLS or if you buy online through companies like,, Hubzu, Williams & Williams, and others, as long as they allow "broker participation," which is their way of saying they will pay a commission to the real estate agent.

From our website you can read about the founder's background at About US. You can see Testimonials from actual clients. You can read about our philosophy regarding Commissions and see why we think they are generally too high. You can click MLS Search and find listings and sales. The Industry Resources link has information on demographics, school ratings, crime, real estate news and auctions.

Thank you for visiting our website and considering us. Kindly contact us anytime if we can help or if you have any questions.

Carl 'Tom' Hallen, Broker/REALTOR, BRE 01893150

© 2013 New Hope Realty, Inc.
406 Broadway, 211C       Santa Monica, California 90401

If you need a real estate agent or a real estate broker, we get only a one percent listing fee, yes, only 1%, and can save you thousands when you buy or sell, as we provide discount real estate brokerage services in Southern California, in Los Angeles County, including the cities of Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Culver City, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Marina del Rey, Venice, Hawthorne and Inglewood; in the South Bay, including Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Playa del Rey, Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates and El Segundo; in the San Fernando Valley, including Van Nuys, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Encino, Reseda, Tarzana and Northridge; and in the San Gabriel Valley, including Alhambra, Monterey Park, Rosemead and Temple City; and in Pasadena, Long Beach and other counties in the State of California, including Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura and San Luis Obispo. If you need a discount Realtor, a discount real estate broker or a flat fee agent - so buyers can get commission rebates and sellers can pay low listing fees - contact us anytime!